Followers

Sunday 11 March 2018

Distress Oxide Flowers

Hello again,

My Mum asked for a birthday card for a friend she made when my older brother started pre-school, both recognised each other outside the pre-school, my Mum having worked in a bank in the city and her friend at the Coles supermarket nearby the bank, back in the day when supermarkets had staff hand people items from behind the counter, not the modern help yourself style store. Both moving west to the mountains to raise their families, when  steam trains were the mode of public transport in the 70's.

Mum's only real request is that the card was of a purple-y colour scheme, not too fussy as she doesn't keep her cards, I received the flowers dies during the week and decided to give them a try adding some double sided adhesive to the back of the card before I started, using a card I had seen on Pinterest as inspiration, my photo is not all that great, I may try for another one in better light tomorrow. 
No it is not your eyes, the large part of the sentiment is slightly skewed, but it stuck well and fast, no moving it without causing more trouble..., admission although none of you can see it there is a slight issue with the border on the left and I was able to hide it with well placed greenery....

Here is my card:-

What I used:-
White 5x7" card blank (12.6 x 17.8cm)
Striped paper from stash
White textured cardstock
Green and metallic silver cardstock from scrap box
White cardstock
Distress Oxide Inks Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet and Seedless Preserves
Water mister
MFT Stitched scalloped border die
MFT Layered Leaves Die
MFT Birthday die
MFT Label maker sentiment stamp
CCD Flower dies
Mauve bling from stash
Adhesives:-PVA glue, Double sided tape, adhesive sheet, Foam tape under smallest flower and stamped part of sentiment

I would like to enter this card in:-
Love to Craft Challenge Blog Anything Goes March

Thank you for looking in...
Have a wonderful week...
Megan

P.S. A huge thank you to all the lovely ladies who pop by and take the time to leave me a comment, I truly appreciate them all! 

No comments: