Followers

Sunday 3 September 2017

Born to Stand out


Hello again,

I recently discovered Darkroom Door Stamps are a smallish Aussie company and purchased three sets of the same stamps… one for me and the other as a small thank you to Di for running the ever popular Snippets Playground, with an extra set for the toy box… spreading some love for one of our Home grown stamp companies in the process. Miss Di was unaware that I had posted anything and I received an excited email after the surprise package arrived, with a huge thank you from Di.

I think Di does an amazing job running Snippets Playground and giving away so many prizes to all of the class mates all over the world. A Huge thank you to Di for all the fun and giggles and encouragement to use up those little bits and pieces from my scrap box along the way, and a huge Thank you for having me as a Guest Designer again.

On to my card, my Sister-in-Law started off my collection of spray inks a few years ago and I have of course added to them and spent some time making a mess, I mean creating a few backgrounds with them in various colours to set aside for later use making various sizes based on how much white paper and card I had laying around, from small 3 inch squares to whole A4 sheets. I used two spray inks for the main background Crushed Grape and London Blue and I’m guessing Cherry Pie and Lemon Zest on the butterfly all from Dylusions.

I stamped the butterfly directly onto one of the smaller pieces of cardstock and the sentiment onto another two white snippets (do they breed when I’m not looking???) and heat embossed them both with Black glossy embossing powder. I fussy cut the butterfly and sentiment out, laying them on the card before deciding to get out one of my stencils and some white ink to add more interest in the background, carefully inking directly on the card with the ink pad. Moving the stencil around so the pattern would be a little random. Another CCD die arrived around that time that I thought looked perfect for more interest and I used yet another white snippet to cut one, which was then cut in two pieces and placed behind the butterfly. I finally stuck everything down adding foam dots behind the butterfly to give some more dimension finishing off the card with a few sequins from a local discount store.

Here is my card:-

What I used:-

White C7 card blank

Spray ink background paper x2 some scraps 

White card stock from scrap box



Black glossy embossing powder

Clear embossing ink

My Favorite Things Stencil Petal circles

White Colorbox ink pad

CCD Rings (no longer available... at least with the store I got it from)

Sequins from stash

Dylusions spray inks used:- London Blue, Crushed Grape, Cherry Pie and Lemon Zest

Adheisves:- Foam tape, Double sided tapes/sheet and Diamond Glaze

I would like to enter this card in:-
Crafting by Designs September Anything Goes
Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge- Optional twist Spritz
Crafts Galore Encore September Anything goes
Love to Craft Challenge Blog #14 Anything goes
Emerald City Crafts Challenge #3 Anything goes
Sisterhood of Crafters Anything goes
Butterfly Challenge Y is for you choose and W for Wedgewood Blue  (Y you choose, Heat Embossing)

Thank you for looking in...
Have a wonderful week...
Megan

P.S. A huge Thank you to all the lovely visitors who take the time to leave me a comment, I truly appreciate them all!

No comments: