Followers

Tuesday 6 October 2015

90th Birthday wishes

Hello again... 

I made this card for a friend’s father-in-law’s 90th birthday celebration, her husband and his siblings were all heading home for a planned surprise birthday night out to celebrate their Dad’s milestone birthday. I was asked to make a card for a 90 year old man who was once a builder, this is what I came up with…

Here is my card:-



After passing the card along to my friend she said that her husband was so impressed by my card that he had shown all his children and grand-children via Skype as their sons and their families both live and work overseas at the present time. 

At the surprise party all gathered were equally surprised when card and cake had managed to co-ordinate!!! The card was only shown to my friends children and grand children, the cake was arranged by another daughter-in-law with no knowledge of the card I made, spooky how that can happen sometimes...

What I used:-

White 10.5cm x 14.8cm card blank
Reverse side of Core-dinations card in orange-y colour
Darice Embossing folder ‘Brick’
Various card scraps-White, brown, blue, silver, red, Kraft
Woodgrain paper from Merci (Big W in Australia)
Grass and tree border papers from Korea
Xyron Create a sticker
Tool patterns from Papercraft inspirations mini booklet-
          Cards for Men and issue 107
Round silver and black square brads
Printed sentiments from Word
Various colours of liquid pearls
Black ink

I would like to enter this card in:-



Thank you for looking in…
Have a great week
Megan



 P.S. A huge thank you to all the lovely ladies who take the time to leave me a message, I truly appreciate each of them!!

No comments: